Welcome to Poker Pilgrims! I am Heather and I have built this site with my husband Paul in order to share our thoughts, experiences, and research as we work toward a grand adventure in poker travel. If you have ever dreamed of a future in which you travel the country playing poker, this site is for you.
Paul and I are both avid poker players and travelers. It has long been our dream to travel the country, playing poker along the way. As our youngest children approach college, we can see this dream within reach and are now getting serious about planning for our journey. In the meantime, we take as many mini-pilgrimages as we can. So far we have visited South Florida, Las Vegas (we visit the WSOP almost every year), Montreal, and Tampa. We have also thoroughly explored the poker landscape in our own region of New England. In the fall of 2022, we plan to spend a month in Maryland, visiting as many Mid-Atlantic poker rooms as we can reach.
Like any big plan, there are a number of components that go into making our journey a success. We, of course, need to be ready to play some poker! But we also need to save money for our journey. We also plan to learn all that we can about the best ways to travel, and the best places to visit and to play poker as we travel the country. Along the way we hope to share with you what we learn in all areas related to our journey:
- We have created a map of poker rooms across the US in order to help us plan our journey
- We will share reviews of the poker rooms that we visit based on these criteria
- We review poker books and other poker learning tools that we have found helpful as we work on our game, and even our favorite poker movies
- We will also share various thoughts and insights that we have from our years of (mostly tournament) play
Travel the Country
- We plan to share the tips and traps of spending a year on the road
- We will let you know of any resources we find for travelling on a budget
- We will of course blog about our journey once we embark, as well as the many poker trips we make along the way
While the focus of this site will be poker and travel, we will also make diversions into other areas that will affect our poker pilgrimage:
- We share tips on our journey to Financial Independence, as we plan to support our trip from the road
- We will share our budgets, spreadsheets, and side hustle plans as we move toward the Pilgrimage
- We will also share with your our developing thoughts on life, optimism, gratitude, meditation, and the pursuit of the perfect poker partnership
We hope that many of you, whether poker players, travelers, seekers of financial independence, or all of the above will find something here to help you on your own journey in life, wherever that may lead.
Like this post? Want to learn more about poker and travel? Head on over to the sidebar and subscribe. You will be alerted whenever a new PokerPilgrims blog post goes live!