Welcome to Poker Pilgrims!
I am Heather and I have built this site with my husband Paul in order to share our thoughts, experiences, and research as we work toward (and hopefully experience!) a grand adventure in poker travel.
Paul and I are both avid poker players and travelers. It has long been our dream to travel the country for a year, playing poker along the way. As our youngest children approach college, we can see this dream within reach and are now getting serious about planning for our journey. Our target date is September 2022. It feels so close, yet so very far into the future.
Along the way we hope to share with you what we learn in all areas related to our journey:
- We have created a map of poker rooms across the US in order to help us plan our journey
- We will share reviews of the poker rooms that we visit and allow you to offer your ratings as well
- We will review poker books that we have found helpful as we work on our game
- We will also share various thoughts and insights that we have from our years of (mostly tournament) play
- We plan to share the tips and traps of spending a year on the road
- We will let you know of any resources we find for travelling on a budget
- We will of course blog about our journey once we embark
- We invite you to come along on our journey to Financial Independence as well, as we hope to fully support our trip from the road
- We will share our budgets, spreadsheets, plans, and financial updates as we move toward the Pilgrimage
- We will also share with your our developing thoughts on life, optimism, and the pursuit of everything
We hope that many of you, whether poker players, travelers, seekers of financial independence, or all of the above will find something here to help you on your own journey in life, wherever that may lead.
Like this post? Head on over to the sidebar and subscribe. You will be alerted whenever a new PokerPilgrims blog post goes live!